Akumendo is a web-based framework coordinating multiple onboard service modules.
In response to the near universal uptake of the iPad among yacht owners, the framework is based on iOS technology and acts as a ‘client server’, allowing the user to control, using a single application, any number of onboard operations, as:
• AV devices remote controls (DVD/BluRay players, Kaleidescape, satellite TV decoders, Apple TV, audio/video receivers, tuners...)
• Home automation remote controls (air conditioning, blinds & drapes, lights, doors & locks, security & video surveillance)
• Owner & guests information (safety-on-board, yacht floorplans, tender services, room services, spa & fitness, «menu-du-jour», wine cellar, weather & navigation, video camera...)
• Steward call (call from any iOS device, handset or intercom to crew members)
• Data management (technical documentation, duties and workflows, communications, calendars and workgroups, files backups and sharing, «cloud» compatible dataflow, media content library management)